This easy crab and mushroom linguine is like Red Lobster crab stuffed mushrooms but in pasta form! This easy crab pasta is so delicious!
This crab and mushroom pasta is unbelievably easy to prepare but loaded with flavor. I use pea shoots in this recipe for their crisp flavor, but you can use any number of greens. Try it with baby spinach, baby kale, or arugula!
How to Make this Easy Crab and Mushroom Linguine:
Making this recipe is a breeze. Start by sautéing shallots until just softened. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant. Melt butter into the pot and add flour. You don’t want the roux to cook too long, just enough to barely toast the flour. Add half a cup of vegetable stock and whisk until it is incorporated. Add another half a cup and whisk thoroughly until smooth.
This is a very basic sauce recipe and the flour helps thicken it up so your sauce completely sticks to the pasta.
Next, add the crab and cook for about 6-7 minutes. From there, it’s just a matter of adding the pea shoots and fresh parsley. Add a little pasta cooking water and toss everything, gently, with the cooked pasta.
Right before serving, toast up breadcrumbs in butter and add minced parsley and parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
Serve it up by piling the pasta into shallow bowls and sprinkling with the parmesan breadcrumbs. It’s that easy, really!
The earth mushrooms paired with sweet succulent crab and the brightness from the pea shoots creates an incredible flavor profile that you’re going to absolutely love.
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Easy Crab and Mushroom Linguine
- Wide pot
- Large pot
- Small skillet
Crab and Mushroom Linguine:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots peeled and minced
- 12 ounces baba bella mushrooms trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat shells picked over
- 4 ounces pea shoots or arugula, baby spinach, or baby kale, very roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley minced
- 16 ounces linguine ½ cup pasta cooking water, reserved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley
- ½ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente and reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water. Drain and set aside. Note: The pasta sauce takes about 30 minutes to make, so try to time it so that you drain the pasta right as it's time to throw it in the sauce.
Cook the Aromatics:
- Heat the oil in a wide pot over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes until just beginning to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes until well-browned. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Prepare a Roux:
- Melt the butter into the garlic. Once melted and frothy, sprinkle the flour on top and toss to coat.
- Add half the vegetable stock and stir or whisk regularly until completely incorporated. Add the remaining stock and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season to preferences.
Finish the Sauce:
- Add the crab meat to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Add the pea shoots and parsley and toss gently to combine. Cook for 3 minutes until the pea shoots are bright green.
- Add the pasta cooking water along with the cooked linguine and toss very gently to combine, being careful not to break up the crab too much. Cook for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
Cook the Breadcrumbs:
- Prior to adding the pasta to the sauce, cook the breadcrumbs. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly, until golden brown and toasted. Turn off the heat.
- Add the parsley and parmesan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cooked pasta between shallow bowls and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of each dish. Enjoy!
Pin this Easy Crab and Mushroom Linguine for Later!