Baking dish or sheet pan
- ¼ cup Calabrian peppers in oil more or less depending on heat tolerance
- 8 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 shallot peeled
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 lemon juiced
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds thinly sliced chicken breasts
- Calabrian marinade
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil for searing
- ¼ cup dry white wine, sweet vermouth, or chicken stock
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into rounds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh minced parsley for garnish
Cook the Chicken:
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once very hot, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until well-seared. Transfer to the baking dish or sheet pan and set aside.
Turn the heat to high on the skillet for 30 seconds. Pour in the wine or stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Pour the sauce over the chicken in the baking dish.
Bake the Chicken:
Place a mozzarella round on top of each piece of chicken. Transfer to the oven for 10-12 minutes if using thinly sliced breasts or 20-25 minutes for whole breasts or thighs. Bake a little longer for bone-in chicken.
Once the chicken reaches about 160ºF, turn on the broiler and cook until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Turn off the heat and rest for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the baked chicken with minced parsley. Serve with risotto, rice, or cooked, buttered noodles. Enjoy!
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 22g | Sodium: 414mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 13mg