- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 shallot trimmed and diced
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water plus more if needed
- 2 green or golden zucchini trimmed and cut into rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- 15- ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill leaves
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- Salt and pepper to taste
Start the lemon-dill rice:
Heat avocado oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook for 5 minutes until it just begins to soften.
Add the capers and cook 1 minute. Add crushed red pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
Toast the rice:
Melt the butter into the pot. Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
Cook the zucchini:
Meanwhile, prepare the zucchini. Arrange the zucchini on a sheet pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Flip the zucchini ensuring both sides are coated with oil. Season the zucchini on both sides with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, flipping once midway through cooking.
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 515mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 323IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 2mg