Garlic Sriracha Pork:
- 2 pounds pork chops I used bone-in and discarded the bones, small-diced
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha depending on spice preference
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 4 scallions thinly sliced, white parts kept separate from the green parts (reserve the green parts for serving)
- Water if necessary
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil divided, plus more if needed
- 1 medium shallot peeled and minced
- 1 small head Napa cabbage trimmed and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms caps thinly sliced and stems discarded
- 2 Chinese eggplants
- Cooked white rice
- Sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes
Marinate the Pork:
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and corn starch.
In a mixing bowl, combine the pork, sriracha, sesame oil, sugar, rice vinegar, and the soy sauce and cornstarch mixture. Add the minced garlic and the white parts of the scallions to the bowl and stir to coat the pork in the sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Cook the Vegetables:
Heat 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for 7-8 minutes until golden brown all over. Season lightly with salt and add more oil as necessary if the skillet is dry.
Add the minced shallot and cook for 1 minute or until just softened.
Add the roughly chopped Napa cabbage and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the cabbage begins to char slightly and is bright green.
Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
Cook the Eggplant:
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Once very hot, add the eggplant in an even layer and cook for 3 minutes without moving (or until the eggplant is golden brown on one side). Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the eggplant is softened and golden brown (or slightly charred) all over. Transfer the eggplant to the bowl of cooked vegetables.
Cook the Pork:
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the pork, including all the marinade in the bowl, and use a spoon to spread the pork into an even layer in the skillet. Cook without moving for 3-5 minutes or until the pork begins to turn golden brown on the bottom.
Stir the pork and cook without moving in 3 minute increments or until the pork is cooked through. Add a few splashes of water to loosen up the sauce. If desired, place the pork under the broiler to crisp up the top.
Finish the Garlic Sriracha Pork:
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 18g | Sodium: 1097mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 9mg