- 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil
- 4 thick bone-in pork chops
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes scrubbed and diced into bite-sized cubes
- 2 shallots peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 Thai chilis trimmed and minced (or crushed red pepper)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches broccolini trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped (with a pinch reserved for garnish)
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Pat the pork dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Once very hot, add the pork chops and cook without moving for 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Turn the heat on the skillet back to medium-high and add the potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-6 minutes or until the potatoes just begin to brown and soften. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat in the skillet.
Prepare the Aromatics:
Turn the skillet back to medium heat and add the shallots. Cook for 1 minute or until beginning to soften. Add the garlic and chilis and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the butter and once melted and frothy, pour in the chicken stock, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom. Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat.
Bake the Dish:
Add the potatoes and the fresh parsley to stock and toss to combine. Nestle the pork chops into the potatoes and arrange the broccolini around the chops. Drizzle everything with a 1-2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle the broccolini with salt and pepper.
Transfer to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and the pork has reached 140ºF (or desired internal temperature). Remove from the stove.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 152mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 33mg