- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions trimmed and minced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 Thai chili peppers trimmed and minced (or crushed red pepper)
- 1 pound snow pea tips thoroughly washed
- 2 teaspoons mirin or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Snow Pea Tips:
In a wide skillet or wok, heat the 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil over medium-high until very hot. Add the yellow onion and cook, stirring regularly, for 8 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Add the scallions, minced Thai chili peppers, and the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the snow pea tips and the mirin and cover for 2-4 minutes until the greens begin to wilt.
Remove the lid and toss to combine everything in the skillet. Be careful not to overcook the greens. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pea tips to a plate and keep warm.
Calories: 52kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 22mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 8mg