- 6 hamburger buns torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 cup chopped fruit such as cherries, nectarines, peaches, or roasted grapes
- 2 pounds tomatoes cored and chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh herbs torn, such as basil, mint, and parsley or a mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh greens optional
- Fresh mozzarella cheese optional
Prepare the bread:
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Arrange the torn bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to the oven for 10-12 minutes. flipping once halfway through, until the bread is toasted and golden brown. Cook the bread in batches if the baking sheet isn't big enough to arrange the bread in an even layer. Transfer the bread to a large mixing bowl.
Prepare the fruit and tomatoes:
In another large bowl, combine the fruit, chopped tomatoes, freshly torn herbs, and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
Prepare the panzenalla:
Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss to combine.
Pour the dressed fruit and tomatoes over the toasted bread and toss to combine. Taste and season to your preferences. Transfer to the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes depending on your bread.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Sodium: 236mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin C: 21mg