Sieve or colander
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled and sliced into wedges
- 5 scallion whites minced
- 1 jalapeño trimmed and minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 14- ounce can coconut milk
- 10 ounces green beans cut in half
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen noodles like udon, soba, or ramen
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 5 scallion greens minced
- 1 lime juiced
- ⅓ cup chili oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey optional
- Big pinch of salt
Simmer the broth:
Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and mirin and toss to coat. Cook for 3 minutes.
Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste and season to your preferences.
Cook the noodles:
Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse, and divide between bowls.
Prepare the red cabbage slaw:
Place the shredded cabbage and minced scallion greens in a bowl. Add the lime juice and chili oil and toss to coat. Add the sesame seeds, salt, and maple syrup if using. Toss to coat and taste and season. Transfer to the refrigerator until needed.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Sodium: 1296mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 19mg