Wok or skillet
Colander or sieve
- 16 ounces fresh frozen, or dry udon
- ¼ cup vegetable oil divided plus more if needed
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 shallots peeled and minced
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup water or stock
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chili oil or sriracha plus more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the Brussels sprouts:
Prepare the sauce:
As the Brussels sprouts cook, prepare the sauce. Whisk together the water or stock in a bowl with soy sauce, peanut butter, chili oil, mirin, and sesame oil. Set aside.
Finish the udon:
Pour the sauce into the Brussels sprouts and bring to a boil for 2–3 minutes. Add the chicken, garlic, and shallot and toss to coat. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
Add the cooked udon to the wok and toss to coat for 1-3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Taste and season the udon to your preferences.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 705mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 102mg