- 2 tablespoons plant-based or dairy butter plus more if needed
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms torn or sliced depending on the variety
- 3 shallots peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 head of frisée torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the mushrooms:
Melt the butter in a wide pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the mushrooms in an even layer and cook for 8–12 minutes until well-browned—season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
If the skillet is dry, add another tablespoon of butter. Once melted, add the remaining mushrooms and cook for 8–12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to the bowl of mushrooms.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 88mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 2mg