- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 3 zucchini trimmed and small-diced
- .5 ounces fresh basil thinly sliced, a few basil leaves reserved for garnish
- 1 lemon juiced and zested, zest reserved for garnish
- 12 ounces tagliatelle
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy goat cheese:
- 6 ounces spreadable goat cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Crispy zucchini chips:
- 1 zucchini trimmed and sliced paper-thin
- ⅓ cup neutral oil
Prepare the sauce:
Heat the neutral oil in a wide pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until just translucent. Add the zucchini and season with salt. Cook over moderate heat (low to medium heat) for 20-30 minutes. The zucchini shouldn't brown too much. Instead, it should simmer, slowly pulling out the water and then evaporating, creating a jammy texture.
Start the zucchini chips:
Finish the pasta sauce:
Once the sauce finishes simmering, add the sliced basil and lemon juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Add the pasta cooking water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2–3 minutes until the liquid reduces slightly. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Turn off the heat.
Calories: 651kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 31g | Sodium: 197mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 52mg