- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bonless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 shallot peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives minced
Prepare the cream base:
In a bowl, combine the heavy cream, sour cream, mustards, and salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Chill until ready to use.
Prepare the chicken:
Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
In an oven-safe skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil on medium-high until very hot. Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes per side until very well-browned.
Transfer to the oven and bake until an instant-read thermometer reaches 165ºF, about 8-10 minutes longer. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and transfer it back to the stove. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and keep warm.
Cook the mushrooms:
Turn the heat on the skillet back to medium-high and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes until well browned. Add the shallot and garlic and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until softened and fragrant.
Calories: 682kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 28g | Sodium: 130mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 4mg