- 1 tablespoon sesame oil NOT toasted sesame oil
- 1 large shallot peeled and diced
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 15- ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Yuzu miso or your favorite white miso
- 3 cups water more if needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shichimi Togarashi or sesame seeds and chili flakes
- Minced scallions
- Toasted sesame oil for finishing
Prepare the miso:
Add the water to a large glass measuring cup. Microwave it for 1 minute until hot. Add the miso and whisk until combined. Set aside.
Simmer the chickpeas:
Pour the miso water into the pot and stir to combine. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the couscous is tender. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 180mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 2mg