- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 ears of sweet corn husked and cut from the cob
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ounce fresh basil thinly sliced, a few leaves left whole and reserved for garnish
- 16 ounces dry rigatoni or orecchiette
- Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for garnish
Cook the sun-dried tomatoes and corn:
Add 1 tablespoon of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes to a wide pot. Turn the heat to medium.
Once hot, add the diced sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the corn and cook an additional 3–5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
Simmer the sauce:
Pour in the water or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add the halved cherry tomatoes, reduce heat, and simmer for 15–20 minutes. The liquid should reduce by half. Taste and season once more to your preferences.
Finish the sauce by adding the sliced basil and toss to combine.
Calories: 557kcal | Carbohydrates: 114g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 48mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin C: 40mg