- 1 large spaghetti squash halved lengthwise and seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 ribs celery trimmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dry thyme
- 15- ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water or chicken stock
- Salt pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
Roast the spaghetti quash:
Sauté the aromatics:
If the pot seems dry, add another teaspoon of oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the onion, sweet potato, and celery and season all over with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes until fragrant and just beginning to soften.
Melt the butter into the pot. Once melted, add the dry thyme and as much crushed red pepper as you like. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Remove the squash from the oven and use a fork to scrape the squash from its skin.
Ladle the soup into bowls and add a few spoonfuls of roasted squash on top of each bowl. Finish with freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 373mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin C: 12mg