- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes peeled and quartered
- 4 eggs
- 4 Kosher dill pickles small-diced
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen green peas thawed, if frozen
- 2 ounces non-pareil capers drained
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry dill
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely choped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley chopped
Cook the Potatoes:
Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Season liberally with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until just fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes. Do not overcook the potatoes.
Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot to allow them to dry out.
Hard-Boil the Eggs:
Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add the eggs. Cook for 15 minutes until hard-boiled.
Remove from the pan and run cold water over the eggs until they're cool enough to handle. carefully remove the shells.
Roughly chop the eggs and set aside.
Assemble the Potato Salad:
Add the chopped pickles, chopped eggs, green peas, and capers to the pot of potatoes. Pour the dressing on top of the potatoes and toss gently to combine. Do not over-mix the salad or else the potatoes will break up too much.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27g | Sodium: 279mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 33mg