- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon anchovy oil
- ¼ cup capers drained
- 8 cloves garlic peeled
- 6 anchovies in oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 fennel bulb cored and sliced, fronds reserved
- 1 head Romanesco cored and cut into florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock plus more, if needed
- ¼ cup heavy cream optional
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
Prepare the Sauce Base:
In a food processor, combine the anchovies, anchovy oil, garlic, and capers. Pulse until finely minced. Set aside.
Cook the Vegetables:
In a wide pot, heat the neutral cooking oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and fennel and cook for 6-7 minutes until beginning to brown and soften.
Add the Romanesco and cook an additional 6-7 minutes or until it begins to darken a bit around the edges. Taste and season all the vegetables with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more. Pour in the sauce base from the food processor and toss to coat. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 539mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 53mg