- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 red radishes trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions trimmed and minced
- 4 ounces baby greens
- 15 Thai basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Thai chili pepper trimmed and minced (optional, for serving)
Fish Sauce Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup good quality fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 scallion trimmed and minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Thai chili peppers trimmed and minced
Prepare the Chicken:
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Heat the neutral cooking oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
Pat the chicken dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Place the chicken, skin-side down, in the hot oil and cook for 5-6 minutes without moving until the skin is golden and crispy.
Flip the chicken and transfer to the oven for 25-35 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reaches 165ºF. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
Prepare the Fish Sauce Vinaigrette:
In a small saucepan, combine the fish sauce, water, sugar, lime juice, Thai chili peppers, and scallions. Turn the heat to medium and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat.
Pour the warm mixture into a bowl and add the extra virgin olive oil. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
Dress the Greens:
Tear the basil leaves in half.
In a large bowl, combine the basil leaves, sliced cucumber and radishes, minced scallions, and the baby greens. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix the greens and herbs.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 621IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg