- 2 cooked chicken thighs or breasts skin on or discarded, depending on preference, torn into bite-sized pieces (or shredded)
- 1 teaspoon neutral cooking oil
- Salt and pepper if needed
- 4 ounces fresh arugula rinsed
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ English cucumber thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mini mozzarella balls or 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic Butter Sauce
- ½ cup good quality Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
Prepare the Balsamic Butter Sauce:
Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly, until the vinegar has reduced by half. Turn the heat to low and stir in the butter. Continue cooking, stirring often, until the sauce becomes thick and glossy. Sprinkle in a bit of salt to taste. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Prepare the Chicken:
Meanwhile, heat the neutral cooking oil in a small skillet. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper if desired. Cook, flipping occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is warmed through and beginning to crisp up around the edges. Turn off the heat and keep the chicken warm.
Prepare the Arugula:
In a bowl, combine the arugula with the extra virgin olive oil. Tear the basil leaves in half and add it to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with flaky sea salt.
Divide the basil and arugula between plates.
Plate and Serve the Salad:
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 48g | Sodium: 277mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 34mg