Small pot with lid
- 2 cups rice
- 3 tablespoon butter divided
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons neutral cooking oil
- 1 shallot peeled and sliced
- 1½ pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes halved
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons harissa powder more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces French-cut green beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Rice:
Combine the rice, water, 1 tablespoon butter, and salt in a small pot and bring to a boil. Stir once, reduce heat, and cover for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the rice to rest for 10 minutes.
Prepare the Harissa Broth:
Heat the neutral cooking oil in a wide pot over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook for 3-4 minutes until just beginning to soften.
Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Melt the butter into the pot and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the stock and bring to a boil. Season with harissa, cayenne, paprika, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Finish the Harissa Broth:
Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 176mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 35mg