- 2 5-ounce cans solid albacore tuna no salt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 stalks celery trimmed and thinly sliced on an angle
- ½ small vidalia onion thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of warm, crusty bread
- Fresh parsley optional
Prepare the White Beans:
Combine the beans with the extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper and toss to combine. Allow to marinate for 20-30 minutes as you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prepare the Tuna Salad:
Remove the tuna from the can and discard any liquid. Flake into bite-sized pieces.
In a bowl, whisk together the distilled white vinegar and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the mayonnaise and whisk until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and mustard. Add the capers and tuna and mix gently to combine.
Fold in the celery and Vidalia onion and season again to your preferences.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 27g | Sodium: 405mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 1mg