- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, halved or chopped cherry, heirloom, or vine
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lemon juiced and zested; zest reserved for garnish
- Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more, for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- Flaky sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
Marinate the Tomatoes:
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, minced garlic, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Sauté the Onion:
In a large pot, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes until it begins to soften and turn golden brown.
Incorporate the Stock:
With the heat on medium, spoon 1-2 ladles of stock into the rice. Stir gently until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat, adding 1-2 ladles of stock and stirring gently until the stock is absorbed. Continue on until the rice is al dente. You may not use all 6 cups of stock.
In a small bowl, combine the reserved halved cherry tomatoes, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Divide the cooked risotto between shallow bowls. Garnish with the halved cherry tomatoes and more parmesan cheese, if desired. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Enjoy!
Calories: 661kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 324mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 33mg