- 1 cup farro
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek trimmed, rinsed, and sliced into rounds
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 red Fresno chili pepper trimmed and minced (or use crushed red pepper)
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock plus more, if needed
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley minced; a pinch reserved for garnish
- 5 ounces arugula
- 16 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
Finish the Sauce:
Pour in the cream and turn the heat to medium until bubbling, but not boiling. Cook for 5-7 minutes more until the cream is thickened. If you'd like a thinner sauce, add more stock as desired, in 1/4 cup increments.
Add the arugula and crab and cook for 5 minutes until the arugula is just wilted. Add the farro and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes more until the cream is thickened. Taste and season again to your preferences.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 18g | Sodium: 1059mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 27mg