- 2 teaspoons neutral cooking oil for frying
- 1 small yellow onion peeled and minced
- 2 bell peppers trimmed, deseeded, and finely chopped
- 1 broccoli crown, about ¼ pound chopped into small florets
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 scallion minced, white and green parts kept separate
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- A dash of white pepper optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the Vegetables:
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and cook for 3 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook an additional 5-7 minutes until softened but still crisp. Season with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and paprika. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
Make the Miso Butter:
Melt the butter into the same skillet over medium-low heat. Add the white parts of the scallion and cook for 1 minute until the butter is very frothy.
Turn the heat to the lowest setting and add the miso paste. Using a fork, gently mash the miso into the butter until a well-combined paste forms. Work out as many lumps in the miso paste as possible.
Cook the Eggs:
Pour the eggs into the miso butter over low heat. Allow the eggs to set up for 2-4 minutes. The bottom of the eggs should be mostly set up with the top being mostly liquid. Pour the vegetables into the skillet and gently break the eggs up with a spatula. Cook, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes more until the eggs are just cooked through and combined with the vegetables. Taste and season again to your preferences. Turn off the heat.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Sodium: 300mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 102mg