- 16 ounces dry udon noodles cooked according to package instructions and drained
- 4 scallions thinly sliced, white and light green parts separated
- 2 stalks celery with leaves stalks sliced thinly on an angel and leaves roughly chopped
- 4 small radishes trimmed and thinly sliced into rounds
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅓ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili oil more or less to taste, depending on spice preference
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- More chili oil optional
Prepare the peanut sauce:
In a bowl, whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, and 2 teaspoons chili oil until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust ingredients as necessary. Set aside.
Prepare the soft-boiled eggs:
Finish the udon noodles:
In a large bowl, combine the noodles with the white parts of the scallions, the sliced celery, and the roughly chopped celery leaves and toss to combine. Pour the spicy peanut sauce all over and toss to coat. Taste and season according to your tastes.
Divide the udon noodles between bowls and pile the radish garnish on top of each bowl of noodles. Serve with a soft-boiled egg, a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds, and a drizzle more of chili oil if desired. Enjoy!
Calories: 584kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 18g | Sodium: 2241mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin C: 2mg