Fine mesh sieve
- 1 cup farro rinsed
- 1 pint figs halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes some halved, some left whole
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 5 ounces baby greens such as chard, arugula, or kale
- 2 ounces basil leaves torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons agave optional
- Salt to taste
Roast the Figs and Tomatoes:
Arrange the figs (cut side up) and tomatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Transfer to the oven for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to soften and turn golden brown.
Turn the broiler on and broil until the tomatoes char and the tops of the figs turn golden brown. Turn off the heat.
Prepare the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
In a bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and agave (if using) until emulsified. Season with a sprinkle of salt. Set aside and whisk before serving.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Sodium: 30mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin C: 40mg