As much as I love beautiful brothy ramen, sometimes dry ramen really hits the spot. This easy ramen stir-fry is the quick ramen recipe you’ve been dreaming about. Loaded with plenty of veggies and miso scrambled eggs, this is a delicious and healthy veggie ramen stir-fry recipe.
This veggie ramen stir-fry comes together in about 35–40 minutes with very little prep work. It’s loaded with flavor and it’s so filling! The best part is that it’s super versatile depending on the veggies you have. Another bonus is that you can use fresh or frozen veggies!
For this ramen stir-fry recipe, I used broccoli and red bell peppers, but try this recipe out with your favorite veggies! Here are my suggestions:
- Brussels sprouts
- Sugar snap peas
- Sweet potato
- Spinach (add it in at the end!)
- Green beans
- Baby corn
How to make this ramen stir-fry:
Like all stir-fry recipes, you want to get all your veggies prepped first. Slice up your onion and peppers, cut your broccoli into florets, and whisk the sauce ingredients, and set them aside. In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs.
Meanwhile, bring a big pot of water to a boil and cook the ramen. Frozen ramen is healthier than dry, instant ramen, but use whatever you have on hand! You can also use your favorite noodle, like udon, soba, or even rice noodles!
The first step is browning the red miso in a little oil. Add the whisked eggs and cook, stirring often, working the miso into the eggs. Once they’re mostly cooked through, add them to a bowl. If needed, wipe out the skillet or wok.
From there simply cook the onions and peppers until softened. Remove them from the skillet and put them in the same bowl as the eggs.
Next, fry up the broccoli florets. As soon as the broccoli is bright green, add the sauce and bring to a boil. Throw in the eggs, peppers, and onions and toss to coat.
Last but not least, add the cooked, drained noodles and a handful of minced scallions and you are done. This quick ramen recipe really is that easy!
Looking for more vegetarian recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate it and comment below! You can also follow me and share your creations by tagging me! I’d love to feature your #triedandtruerecipes creation on my feed.
Easy Ramen Stir-Fry
- Skillet or wok
- Large pot
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil divided; more as needed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil divided
- 1 tablespoon red miso
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 yellow onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers trimmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 pound broccoli cut into florets
- 4 scallions minced; a pinch reserved for garnish
- Black sesame seeds optional, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons lime or yuzu juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mirin
Cook the ramen:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ramen according to package instructions. Frozen ramen needs only 2–3 minutes in boiling water. Drain, rinse, and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil and set aside.
Cook the eggs:
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Once hot, add the miso and mash it lightly into the oil. Once it begins to brown and become fragrant, pour in the whisked eggs. Stirring regularly, mash and work the miso into the egg mixture until combined. Once the eggs are mostly set, transfer them to a bowl. Wipe out the skillet, if needed.
Cook the onion and peppers:
- Add another teaspoon of oil, if needed. Once hot, add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring often, for 6–8 minutes until softened. Season lightly with salt and transfer to the bowl of eggs.
Cook the broccoli:
- If the skillet is too dry, add another teaspoon of oil. Add the broccoli and season with salt. Cook, stirring regularly for 5 minutes until bright green and just barely fork-tender.
Cook the sauce:
- While the broccoli cooks, whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
Finish the broccoli:
- Pour the sauce into the skillet with the broccoli and bring to a boil for 1–2 minutes. Return the eggs, peppers, and onion to the skillet and toss to combine.
Finish the ramen:
- Add all but a pinch of scallions along with the cooked ramen and toss to combine. Cook for 1–2 minutes to warm up the noodles. Taste and season to your preferences.
- Divide the ramen stir-fry between bowls and garnish with scallions and black sesame seeds if you like. Enjoy!