This classic breakfast recipe requires no introduction (and hardly a recipe) but egg and cheese on toast is literally one of our favorite breakfasts ever.
For this egg and cheese on toast, you can serve up the eggs however you like. We can never resist a runny fried egg, but try this recipe with scrambled eggs or even poached.
For the cheese, we use grated sharp cheddar but try it out with pepper jack, gruyère, swiss, or even manchego!
We upgrade this classic breakfast recipe of eggs on toast with fresh radish microgreens to add a touch of crunch and bite. This is my absolute favorite part of this recipe! Use any microgreens you like, but arugula and radish microgreens will add just a nice bite to the egg and cheese. Alternatively, try this with beet microgreens to add a bit of earthiness to your brunch!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy eggs?
Looking for more fish recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Egg and Cheese on Toast
- 2 tablespoons butter more if needed
- 2 thick slices of toast
- 2 large eggs
- Between ¼ cup and ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese depending on how cheesy you like it!
- ½ cup radish microgreens or fresh greens of your choice such as arugula or spinach
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Radish Microgreens:
- Combine the microgreens with the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Prepare the Toast:
- Butter the toast and toast in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides. Divide the cheese between both pieces of toast and cover with a lid for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Transfer the toast to a pan.
Prepare the Eggs:
- If the skillet needs more butter or oil, add it now. Once melted and hot, crack the eggs into the skillet and cook until desired doneness is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
To Serve this Classic Breakfast Recipe:
- Pile the microgreens onto each piece of toast and place an egg on top. Enjoy!