Autumn is in full swing and the time is now for pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin rolls, and now, Mia’s Easy Pumpkin Bars. This easy pumpkin bar recipe will make you the star of any socially distant, COVID-safe autumn gathering.
Who doesn’t love an easy pumpkin bar recipe this time of year? Sweet and spiced, Mia’s pumpkin bar recipe is pumpkin pie you can eat without a fork…need we say more?
How to Make Mia’s Pumpkin Bars:
Making this recipe is a breeze. You’ll prepare a simple crust of egg, vanilla, sugar, baking soda, and flour. Once the crust is combined, you’ll pour it into a prepared baking dish.
After that, it’s just a matter of combining a few ingredients for the filling – cream cheese, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and confectioners’ sugar. It wouldn’t be a delicious fall dessert without butter, so you’ll drizzle melted butter into the filling and pour it over the prepared crust.
After that, it’s just a matter of baking for about 55 minutes or until the center has set. That’s it!
What if I don’t have pumpkin pie spice?
No need to fret! You can make your own version of pumpkin pie spice using a 3:1 ratio of cinnamon to everything else. So you’ll want to do 1 teaspoon cinnamon and then 1/4 teaspoon of the following: ground cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. I also love a shake or two of allspice in my pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have one or two of those ingredients, simply substitute with the ingredients that you do have. It will still be tasty!
Looking for more dessert recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
About the Recipe Developer, Mia Carr:
Charm City resident and mother of 3, Mia Carr is the owner and operator of Bakeology. She infuses her southern roots, love for all local natural ingredients, and epicure taste to produce delightful, handcrafted baked goods.
Mia’s Easy Pumpkin Bars
- 13''x9'' baking dish
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric mixer
- Mixing Spoons
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs plus one yolk
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter melted
Prepare the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 13×9 baking dish. Stir egg, vanilla, and sugar together in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, stir salt, baking soda, and flour. Once blended, add to the egg mixture and stir until well mixed. Pour into prepared pan.
Prepare the filling:
- Place cream cheese into a mixer bowl beat cream cheese until smooth; add pumpkin purée. Add eggs and vanilla. Dump flour, pumpkin spice, and confectioners’ sugar and mix well. Reduce mixer speed then slowly drizzle in melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour pumpkin filling into pan over crust mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 55 minutes or until the center is slightly set. Cool completely before cutting.