This easy orange-maple vinaigrette is such fabulous fall salad dressing. It’s sweet, a little salty, and has just a hint of spice from the crushed red pepper and the spicy dijon mustard. This orange-maple salad dressing is going to be a hit at your holiday table this year!
This orange-maple salad dressing is a perfect salad dressing for fall. You get those warm maple flavors, combined with the delicious flavor of fresh squeezed orange juice. It’s perfect on a traditional salad, shown above. You can get creative and try it drizzled over warm, roasted sweet potatoes!
In my salad, I used little gem lettuce, edible flowers, chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and a perfectly ripe avocado. It worked perfectly with the orange-maple vinaigrette.
How to Make this Easy Orange-Maple Vinaigrette:
Making this dressing is a cinch. Simply whisk together fresh squeezed orange juice, ideally from a blood orange, with maple syrup, dijon, white wine vinegar, and a little crushed red pepper. Slow drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil, whisking continuously, until emulsified.
You can serve immediately or chill it until needed. Be sure to whisk it once more prior to serving.
Alternatively, you can throw everything in a covered, air-tight mason jar and shake, shake, shake until completely emulsified too!
What Kind of Salads Can I Serve this Orange-Maple Dressing With?
Any salad really! But try this with ingredients like:
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Toasted pecans or walnuts
- Interesting greens, like mizuna, little gem lettuce, butter lettuce, or red leaf lettuce
- Or, you can try this with greens that have more of a bite, such as dandelion greens or arugula
- Add ingredients like roasted Tokyo turnips or roasted radishes, charred butternut squash, or roasted cauliflower for warmth
- Add protein like shredded chicken, flaked, roasted salmon, or roasted chickpeas
Looking for more vegetarian recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Easy Orange-Maple Vinaigrette
- 1 blood orange juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup more or less, depending on preference
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy Dijon mustard
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Start the Vinaigrette:
- In a bowl, combine everything except the extra virgin olive oil and whisk until combined. Taste and season to your preferences.
- Whisking continuously, slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil until it is completely emulsified. Taste and season to your preferences. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed. Whisk again right before serving. Enjoy!