This Ritz cracker cake with pineapple is a simple dessert recipe with ritz crackers that is sweet, airy, and so, so easy to prepare!
Have you ever had a ritz cracker pineapple cake? They’re so fluffy and airy without being nauseatingly sweet!
Just look at that fluffy topping on this delicious Ritz cracker crust! If you love frosting, this dessert recipe with Ritz crackers is going to be the one for you!
How to Make this Ritz Cracker Cake with Pineapple:
This dessert is unbelievably easy to. make! You’ll start with the ritz cracker crust.
First, you’ll start by beating egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in sugar and then add crushed ritz crackers and finely chopped nuts. I used walnuts, but any chopped nut will do! Hazelnuts or pecans would work really well in this recipe!
You’ll end up with a deliciously sticky crust. Transfer it to a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake it for 30 minutes. Allow the crust to cool completely for a few hours.
From there, you just have to make the yummy whipped topping! Combine cool whip, softened cream cheese, and crushed pineapple until creamy.
Once your crust has cooled, pile that fluffy topping on top. I like to arrange maraschino cherries on mine to add a little pop of color, but you could also add toasted coconut on top, too. Yummy! I set it up in the fridge for at least one hour before serving. But I won’t judge you if you sneak a piece earlier.
Looking for more dessert recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Ritz Cracker Cake with Pineapple
- 9×13 Baking Pan
- Hand mixer
Ritz Cracker Crust:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 cup chopped nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, or pecans
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese room temperature
- 2 20- ounce cans crushed pineapple strained through a fine-mesh sieve
- Maraschino cherries optional
- Toasted coconut optional
Prepare the Ritz Cracker Crust:
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sugar and baking powder and mix gently. Add the crushed Ritz crackers and the nuts and mix gently to combine.
Bake the Crust:
- Grease a 9×13'' baking dish. Pour the Ritz cracker mixture into the baking dish and flatten with a spatula. Transfer to the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely.
Prepare the Topping:
- Combine the Cool Whip, cream cheese, and the strained crushed pineapple and mix to combine.
Finish the Cake:
- Pour the topping on top of the cooled crust. If desired, add maraschino cherries and toasted coconut on top. Transfer to the fridge for at least one hour to set up. Enjoy!