Looking for an elegant side dish but don’t want to spend a lot of time on it? This 5-minute shaved carrot salad is everything you need. Pair it with greens or serve it on its own, this versatile dish looks beautiful and tastes amazing. You can also top this carrot salad with walnuts or crumbled goat cheese!
You can try this salad recipe out with other vegetables too! Try it with zucchini, butternut squash, or even sweet potatoes!
Want even more ideas for this shaved carrot salad? Here are a few suggestions:
- Toss the carrots with fresh herbs, like mint or Thai basil
- Serve over crispy rice
- Toss with fresh greens and serve with a protein, like in our chicken and mizuna salad recipe
- Toss with your favorite white bean, like chickpeas or cannellini beans and add fresh parsley or Italian basil
5-Minute Shaved Carrot Salad
- Vegetable peeler
- 3 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of flaky sea salt
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper to taste
Prepare the Salad:
- Peel the carrots. Once the carrots are peeled, use the vegetable peeler to shave the carrots into 2-3” pieces. Transfer the shaved carrots into a bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste. Serve immediately.