This avocado Brussels sprouts slaw is so easy to make and works perfectly on burgers, tacos, or serve this avocado coleslaw as a side at a summer cookout. It’s a perfect avocado Brussels sprouts recipe!
This avocado coleslaw with Brussels sprouts is so easy to whip up and so, so flavorful and is a great take on a classic coleslaw recipe.
All you need is a few ingredients:
- Mayonnaise: vegan or egg-based
- Lime juice
- Maple syrup
- Chili powder
- Minced jalapeño
- Shredded Brussels sprouts
- Diced avocado
The best part is the versatility! You can sub out shredded cabbage or kale for the Brussels sprouts. You can also add shredded carrots, thinly sliced red onion, or grated red bell peppers!
How to make this avocado Brussels sprouts slaw:
First, start by preparing the ingredients. Thinly slice or grate the Brussels sprouts. You can also use pre-shredded sprouts, too! Mince the jalapeño and the cilantro. Last, peel the avocado and remove the pit and dice the avocado.
Next. whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, maple syrup, paprika, and chili powder until smooth. Taste it and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
Add all the vegetables–jalapeño, shredded Brussels sprouts, avocado, and minced cilantro–and toss to combine with the dressing. Finish with a generous sprinkle of salt and mix once more.
Store in the fridge and use within 24 hours. The lime juice will keep the avocado fairly fresh, but I don’t recommend keeping it in the fridge for several days. You can also make the slaw the night before and add the avocado right before serving!
Looking for more vegan recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this vegan rice noodle soup recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Avocado Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise vegan or egg-based
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup more to taste, if desired
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and thinly sliced or grated
- ½ cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- Salt to taste
Prepare the dressing:
- Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, maple syrup, paprika, and chili powder in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings to preference.
Assemble the slaw:
- Add the jalapeño, Brussels sprouts, cilantro, and diced avocado to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Refrigerate the slaw until needed and enjoy it within 24 hours of making it. Enjoy!