Who says baked chicken wings can’t be crispy? These crispy baked chicken wings are a spicy, crispy, juicy game day appetizer!
I normally love to make my maple-sriracha chicken wings as my game day appetizer. After my team lost the last time I made them, however, I decided they were surely bad luck and decided to try a new recipe today. And whaddya know, my team won! We’re just going to go ahead and say these crispy baked chicken wings are officially good luck!
How to Make These Crispy Baked Chicken Wings:
These baked wings are beyond easy to prepare! All you have to do is combine a few ingredients in a bowl (or bag!), add the chicken wings to coat with the flour, and then bake in a little butter for about 40-45 minutes! It really is just that easy.
This recipe uses just a handful of ingredients but still gives you amazing flavor. You’ll coat the wings in:
- Cayenne Powder
- Garlic Powder
- White Pepper
Now, about the white pepper. It is absolutely one of my favorite secret ingredients. It has a very earthy, sharp flavor which is very notable in hot and sour soup.I’ve been using it as a special secret ingredient in a lot of my recipes because I just love the flavor it adds to dishes. If you don’t have white pepper, use freshly ground black pepper instead. The white pepper works fabulously in this crispy baked chicken recipe!
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Sheet pan
- 16 pieces cut chicken wings
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne powder more or less, depending on preference
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
For Garnish (Optional)
- 1 scallion minced
- ½ cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
Prepare the Wings:
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Coat the Wings:
- In a large bowl or gallon storage bag, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, cayenne powder, and ground white pepper. Add the wings and toss to coat all over.
Bake the Wings:
- Pour the melted butter on the foil-lined baking sheet. Add the wings in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the baking sheet. Transfer to the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the skin is very crispy.
Prepare the Frank's Dipping Sauce (Optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the Frank's Hot Sauce with the butter and turn the heat to medium. Whisk constantly until the sauce is warmed through and completely emulsified. Turn off the heat and transfer to a small bowl.
- Serve the wings with the minced scallions and the Frank's dipping sauce, if desired. Enjoy!