This easy balsamic chicken salad is so versatile depending on what vegetables are in season. For our balsamic chicken salad, we make a warm balsamic butter sauce that is so utterly divine, you’ll want to use it on anything and everything.
Don’t you love a light and refreshing salad? This easy balsamic chicken salad is just that. We use quickly fried chicken, loads of fresh veggies, creamy mini mozzarella balls and a delicious, velvety balsamic butter sauce.
Look at that color! It’s a thick, syrupy dressing that works so perfectly with the other ingredients.
We used leftover chicken, but you can buy a rotisserie chicken and use that or simply cut up chicken breasts or thighs and cook them with salt and pepper in a hot skillet until cooked through, you will just need to increase the cooking time a touch.
This is just an incredibly easy and stunning chicken salad recipe.
You can add any combination of ingredients to it! Try this salad
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Easy Balsamic Chicken Salad
- 2 cooked chicken thighs or breasts skin on or discarded, depending on preference, torn into bite-sized pieces (or shredded)
- 1 teaspoon neutral cooking oil
- Salt and pepper if needed
- 4 ounces fresh arugula rinsed
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mini mozzarella balls or 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup good quality Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
Prepare the Balsamic Butter Sauce:
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly, until the vinegar has reduced by half. Turn the heat to low and stir in the butter. Continue cooking, stirring often, until the sauce becomes thick and glossy. Sprinkle in a bit of salt to taste. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Prepare the Chicken:
- Meanwhile, heat the neutral cooking oil in a small skillet. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper if desired. Cook, flipping occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is warmed through and beginning to crisp up around the edges. Turn off the heat and keep the chicken warm.
Prepare the Arugula:
- In a bowl, combine the arugula with the extra virgin olive oil. Tear the basil leaves in half and add it to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with flaky sea salt.
- Divide the basil and arugula between plates.
Plate and Serve the Salad:
- Pile warm chicken and the halved tomatoes and sliced cucumber on top of each salad. Arrange the mozzarella on each plate. Drizzle with the warm balsamic butter and enjoy!