We made a delicious breakfast bowl loaded with roasted vegetables, but this easy creamy roasted garlic dressing was truly the star of the show.
Garlic takes on a sweet, aromatic flavor when roasted. If you’re worried about the tops burning, simply wrap them in foil, drizzle with oil, and skip browning them in the skillet first.
You can use this dressing on pretty much ANY salad. We served a farmer’s market salad with roasted radishes and broccolini and lots of greens. Topped with a fried egg and this creamy roasted garlic dressing, it was heaven.
Try this dressing on anything, like:
- Use this in place of Caesar dressing on your next Caesar salad (Or Cae Sal, as Molly Baz says)
- Try it on roasted vegetables, like potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, or cauliflower
- Drizzle it on your next grain bowl
- Serve with grilled protein such as tofu, chicken, or shrimp
The possibilities are endless with this yummy and easy, creamy roasted garlic dressing!
Looking for more vegan recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Easy, Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing
- Ovenproof skillet
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- A few tablespoons water as necessary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few splashes of hot sauce optional, to taste
Prepare the Roasted Garlic:
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut the top off the garlic head, keeping the cloves in tact. Heat the 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a small ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic head, cut side down, and cook without moving for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and transfer to the oven for 30 minutes or until softened. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Prepare the Dressing:
- Carefully pop the garlic cloves out of the skin and into a blender. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and hot sauce if using. Blend until creamy. Add water as necessary to thin out the dressing to your preference. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the garlic along with vegetables such as radishes, broccolini, and mushrooms and serve over greens with a fried egg, as pictured below, for a hearty market breakfast.