Harissa fried eggs are spicy, buttery, and perfectly crispy around the edges. We served our harissa fried eggs with a summer salad for a light breakfast.
This recipe for harissa fried eggs with summer salad is perfect if you’re not a huge fan of big, indulgent breakfasts and you want something a bit lighter and savory!
Harissa Fried Eggs with Summer Salad
Harissa fried eggs:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces baby greens
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large avocado peeled and diced
- 1 pint Campari tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the harissa butter:
- Combine the melted butter and harissa in a small bow and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Prepare the summer salad:
- Toss the baby greens with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Divide the greens between two bowls and set aside.
Prepare the avocados and tomatoes:
- Combine the avocado and tomatoes in a small bowl with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice and toss to combine.
Fry the eggs:
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once hot, crack the eggs into the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the harissa butter over the eggs and cook until the whites have set and the yolks are runny. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the avocados and tomatoes between the bowls of greens and place a harissa fried egg on top. Enjoy!