We love the combination of sweet and spicy, so we love this honey sriracha shrimp stir-fry with spicy honey shrimp paired, crisp vegetables, and rice.
This honey sriracha shrimp stir-fry is a perfect meal-prep option that you can whip up in 30 minutes. Double – or triple – the ingredients to have meals for 3-4 days for the entire family!
The honey sriracha sauce is incredible and goes perfectly with juicy shrimp and tender-crisp vegetables.
If you’re looking to mix up the vegetables in this shrimp stir-fry recipe, have it! Here are a few of my favorite stir-fry additions:
- Sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Shredded carrots
- Baby bok choy
- Yu choy
- Diced eggplant
- Shelled Peas (add them at the end!)
If you don’t have shrimp for this recipe, you can use shredded or diced chicken – breast or thigh! It’s such an incredible versatile recipe. Truthfully, this recipe is ALL ABOUT the honey-sriracha sauce. It tastes so good you could drink it!
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Honey Sriracha Shrimp Stir-Fry
Honey Sriracha Sauce:
- ¼ cup honey
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha more or less, depending on spice preference
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons water as needed
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons neutral cooking oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers trimmed, deseeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas trimmed and cut in half or left whole
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon butter optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Honey Sriracha Sauce:
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients except for the water until smooth. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time, and thin the sauce out. It should stick to the spoon but shouldn’t be too viscous.
Prepare the Honey Sriracha Shrimp:
- Transfer the shrimp to a storage baggie or a bowl and pour half the marinade on it. Toss the shrimp until coated. Transfer to the fridge for 15-20 minutes as you prepare the rest of the recipe.
Cook the Rice:
- Combine the rice with the butter, 2 cups water, and a pinch of salt in a small pan. Bring to a boil, stir once, and cover. Reduce heat to very low and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the rice to rest for 5-10 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
Sauté the Vegetables:
- In a wide skillet or wok, heat the neutral cooking oil over medium heat until very hot. Add the onion and bell peppers and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring often, or until the peppers and onion begin to char around the edges. Add the sugar snap peas and cook for 4 minutes or until they are tender-crisp. Add the garlic and cook for 45 seconds more. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of the remaining sauce and toss to combine. Scoop the vegetables out and transfer to a bowl, leaving the heat on medium.
Cook the Honey Sriracha Shrimp:
- If the skillet needs a touch more oil, add it and let it heat up for a minute or two. Using tongs, arrange the shrimp in an even layer in the skillet. Discard the excess marinade.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes per side or until the shrimp are just cooked through. Using your tongs, rub the shrimp into any of the charred, caramelized bits in the skillet. Turn off the heat and transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
To Serve the Honey Sriracha Shrimp Stir-Fry:
- Divide the rice between plates and pile the shrimp and vegetables on top. Serve with the remaining honey sriracha sauce. Enjoy!