Sweet and spicy, these baked maple sriracha chicken wings are an incredible game day or any day of the week snack. Or you can just go ahead and eat a whole plate of them for dinner like we did.
Personally, I prefer baked chicken wings over fried. Although they may not be crispy crunchy as fried wings, they are less oily and so much easier to make than fried.
How to make these Baked Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings:
These baked maple sriracha chicken wings are incredible and SO easy to make.
First, you’ll bring your oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with foil. I prefer to pat the wings dry before starting, but you don’t have to do that. Next, you’ll season the wings with a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder, sugar, and paprika.
Now, you can bake them dry with just that seasoning mixture and then make a glaze, but I felt like being lazy tonight. After I tossed the wings with the spices, I just threw on the maple syrup and sriracha on top and tossed. After that, I just plopped them on the baking sheet and threw the whole thing in the oven for about 45 minutes.
It’s really that easy. 7 minutes of prep, 45 minutes of doing anything else but cooking and before you know it, you have a plate of deliciously sweet and spicy baked chicken wings to enjoy!
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Baking sheet
- 1 pound cut chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sriracha more or less depending on heat tolerance
- 1 scallion minced; optional
Prepare the Chicken Wings:
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Pat the chicken wings dry and transfer to a bowl. Pour the oil on top and toss to combine. Season with paprika, sugar, salt, garlic powder and black pepper and toss until all the wings are coated with the seasonings.
- Pour the maple syrup and sriracha into the bowl and toss again until coated.
Bake the Wings:
- Arrange the wings on the lined baking sheet. Transfer to the oven for 45 minutes until completely cooked through. If desired, broil for 1-2 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Arrange the wings on a platter and serve with minced scallion on top. Enjoy!