One of my favorite recipes with cooked lobster meat, this spicy lobster pasta recipe is one you’re going to want all the time.
I really don’t cook with lobster that often which is a shame because it’s so delicious! The last time I made a lobster recipe, it was this incredible lobster bisque recipe. In that recipe, I used raw lobster which I picked from lobster tails.
This recipe uses pre-cooked lobster meat. You can either use store-lobster meat, or you can buy whole lobsters or lobster tails and cook them prior to making the pasta. Best of all, you can whip up a quick lobster stock using the shells and use it in this spicy lobster pasta recipe instead of the white wine.
How to Make Spicy Lobster Pasta:
If using precooked lobster, this recipe is all about making a quick, yet delicious sauce. First, char the tomatoes in a little oil until blistered all over.
Next, add shallots and butter and cook until the shallots are softened. From there, add garlic and red Fresno chili pepper (and an extra pinch of crushed red pepper for more heat if you like!) and cook until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the wine and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until reduced and thick.
Finally, add reserved pasta cooking water, the cooked lobster meat, and cook briefly until the lobster is warmed through. Toss with pasta and that’s it! It’s unbelievably easy and delicious.
Looking for more seafood recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate it and comment below! You can also follow me and share your creations by tagging me! I’d love to feature your #triedandtruerecipes creation on my feed!
Spicy Lobster Pasta Recipe
- Wide pot
- Large pot
- 16 ounces dry spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine ½ cup pasta cooking water reserved
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot peeled and minced
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 red Fresno chili pepper trimmed and minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or seafood stock
- 16 ounces cooked lobster meat or shrimp
- ½ cup fresh parsley minced
- ½ lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Pinch of sugar optional
Cook the Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain the pasta and set aside.
Start the Sauce:
- While waiting on the pasta water, cook the sauce. Heat the oil in a wide pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the cherry tomatoes and cook without moving for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to blister and char. Flip once or twice more until charred all over. Season lightly with salt.
Cook the Aromatics:
- Melt the butter into the tomatoes. Once frothy, add the shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes until just beginning to soften.
- Add the garlic and red Fresno pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. If you'd like more heat, add another shake of crushed red pepper.
Add the Wine:
- Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened and reduced. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar if you like.
Cook the Lobster:
- Add the lobster and the reserved pasta cooking water. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the lobster is warmed through and the sauce is glossy. Add juice from half a lemon and the minced parsley. Taste and season again to your preferences.
- Divide the cooked lobster pasta between plates and garnish with more parsley if you like. Enjoy!
Pin this Spicy Lobster Pasta Recipe for Later!