This is 15-minute shrimp and orzo recipe is an absolute dream recipe – it’s ridiculously easy to whip up and tastes amazing. You’re going to love the flavors of this easy shrimp and orzo recipe.
If you’re wondering how it’s possible to prepare an amazing dish in just 15 minutes, keep reading. This easy shrimp and orzo recipe comes together in about 15 minutes (plus 5 or so minutes of prep). If you buy your shrimp pre-peeled, it’ll go even faster!
How to Make this 15-Minute Shrimp and Orzo Recipe:
To make this shrimp and orzo recipe, you’ll just an onion, a small fennel bulb, and cherry tomatoes to start. You’ll also use vermouth (though you can use white wine or stock) and chicken stock.
The gist of the recipe is to simply fry up the fennel and onion until they begin to soften. Next, add dry vermouth, cherry tomatoes, and chicken stock. Let it boil for about 5 minutes. Add in butter and boil it for another 2-3 minutes. Finally, stir in the cooked orzo.
From there, you simply place the shrimp on top and broil it for a couple of minutes until the shrimp are cooked through. That’s it! It really is a simple, no-fuss recipe that tastes amazing.
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below. Leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed.
15-Minute Shrimp and Orzo
- Wide pot
- 16 ounces orzo
- 2 teaspoons neutral cooking oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled and minced
- 1 fennel bulb trimmed and minced, fronds reserved
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth or white wine or chicken stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound extra large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
Cook the Orzo:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for 7-8 minutes until just under al dente. Drain and set aside.
Prepare the Sauce:
- As the orzo is boiling, prepare the sauce. Heat the neutral cooking oil in a wide pot over medium heat. Add the fennel and onion and cook for 5 minutes until it begins to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dry vermouth and bring to a boil. Add the chicken stock and cherry tomatoes and bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Add the butter and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Finish the Orzo:
- Turn on the broiler.
- Stir the orzo into the sauce and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
Broil the Shrimp:
- Arrange the shrimp on top of the orzo and drizzle with a touch of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Transfer to the broiler for 3-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Divide the cooked shrimp and orzo between plates. Garnish with fennel fronds. Enjoy!