Pork and potatoes, name a more iconic duo! Use thick, bone-in pork chops with a nice fat cap to add richness to these spicy potatoes.
This is such an easy weeknight dinner that you’ll be craving these pork chops with spicy potatoes and broccolini all the time! The best part is the heat we get from two Thai chili peppers, but if you’re averse to heat, omit or reduce the number of peppers in this dish.
Pork Chops with Spicy Potatoes and Broccolini
- Ovenproof skillet
- 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil
- 4 thick bone-in pork chops
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes scrubbed and diced into bite-sized cubes
- 2 shallots peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 Thai chilis trimmed and minced (or crushed red pepper)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches broccolini trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped (with a pinch reserved for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Pat the pork dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Once very hot, add the pork chops and cook without moving for 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Prepare Potatoes:
- Turn the heat on the skillet back to medium-high and add the potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-6 minutes or until the potatoes just begin to brown and soften. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat in the skillet.
Prepare the Aromatics:
- Turn the skillet back to medium heat and add the shallots. Cook for 1 minute or until beginning to soften. Add the garlic and chilis and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the butter and once melted and frothy, pour in the chicken stock, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom. Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat.
Bake the Dish:
- Add the potatoes and the fresh parsley to stock and toss to combine. Nestle the pork chops into the potatoes and arrange the broccolini around the chops. Drizzle everything with a 1-2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle the broccolini with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and the pork has reached 140ºF (or desired internal temperature). Remove from the stove.
- Divide the potatoes between shallow bowls and pile the broccolini on top. Place a pork chop on top of each dish and garnish with a sprinkle of remaining parsley. Enjoy!