I love gently scrambled eggs with arugula and tomatoes. The flavors all work so well together for a satisfying and easy to prepare brunch recipe.
This is such an incredibly easy brunch recipe that you’re going to want to work it into your weekly rotation.
Fluffy scrambled eggs are piled high on butter arugula and tomatoes. It’s an amazing combination!
How to Make Scrambled Eggs with Arugula and Tomatoes:
For this recipe, I like to toss quartered cherry tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil and a sliced garlic clove and let them marinate together for about 5 minutes. Doing this gives you a nice garlicky flavor on the tomatoes.
From there, you’ll simply sauté the tomatoes in butter until they soften but don’t completely fall apart. You’ll add the arugula and let it wilt. Because I don’t like messing up two skillets if I don’t have to, I wipe out the skillet and add a bit more butter.
You can scramble the eggs to any consistency you like, but I prefer softer scrambled eggs. To do this, you will turn the heat on the skillet to very low and pour the eggs in. Let them set for a minute or two in the heat and then use a spatula to very gently fold from the edges of the pan to the center. Continue doing this gently until the eggs have just set. Soft scrambled will yield a bit of a ‘wetter’ scrambled egg, but the residual heat will set any remaining softness and will yield perfectly cooked scrambled eggs.
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Scrambled Eggs with Arugula and Tomatoes
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 clove garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
Prepare the Cherry Tomatoes:
- Combine the cherry tomatoes with the sliced garlic in a bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste and let sit for 5 minutes.
Whisk the Eggs:
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
Cook the Tomatoes:
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the arugula and cook an additional 2 minutes until wilted. Divide the tomatoes and arugula between two plates. Carefully wipe out the skillet and turn the heat to low.
Scramble the Eggs:
- Melt the remaining butter into the skillet over low heat. Once melted, pour the eggs into the skillet and let them set up for a minute or two. Using a rubber spatula, gently pull the eggs in from the outside to the center. Continue doing this until the eggs are set up with large curds and aren't overcooked. As soon as 90% of the eggs have set, turn off the heat and allow the residual heat to continue cooking the eggs for another minute or so.
- Divide the scrambled eggs between the plates and serve with more pepper, if desired. Enjoy!