Clams and chorizo go together like two peas in a pod. Spicy and aromatic, this simple clams and chorizo recipe takes only about 30 minutes to whip up and goes perfectly with toasted bread.
Looking for a relaxed summer dish that won’t leave you sweating over the stove for hours? Look no further than clams and chorizo. This clams and chorizo recipe is aromatic and fragrant, and spicy.
Is there anything better than a one-skillet meal? I don’t think so, and I just love this simple clams and chorizo recipe.
How to Make this Simple Clams and Chorizo:
As the name implies, this recipe is super simple to make.
First, fry up the chorizo. Use dry, Spanish-style chorizo and let the fat render. The chorizo will be crispy, and you’ll be left with liquid gold (aka chorizo fat!) in the skillet.
Next, add the aromatics–fennel and onion–and cook for 10 minutes until they are very soft. Throw in a touch more smoked paprika for that extra smoky deliciousness.
From there, simply add lemon juice and white wine and bring them to a boil. Toss in some parsley and your scrubbed clams and cover. Cook until they all open up. If they don’t open in the first go, remove the opened clams and allow the unopened ones to cook, covered, for an additional 5 minutes. Any remaining unopened clams should be discarded after the second steam.
Looking for more seafood recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate it and comment below! You can also follow me and share your creations by tagging me! I’d love to feature your #triedandtruerecipes creation on my feed!
Easy Clams and Chorizo Recipe
- Wide pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces dried Spanish chorizo casing removed and chorizo finely diced
- ½ Vidalia onion finely diced
- A small fennel bulb fronds reserved; bulb cored and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 20 littleneck clams scrubbed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted ciabatta bread for serving
Prepare the Chorizo:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the diced chorizo and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the fat has rendered.
Cook the aromatics:
- Add the diced onion and fennel to the sauce and cook for 10-12 minutes or until very soft and cooked. Add the smoked paprika and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
Prepare the broth:
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and white wine and bring to a boil. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Cook the clams:
- Add the minced parsley to the pot, then reduce heat to low. Add the clams, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the clams have all opened. Remove from heat.
- Divide the clams and chorizo between bowls, along with some sauce from the pot. Serve with toasted slices of bread.