An easy, creamy turkey and white bean chilly that’s perfect and comforting for a cool evening.
Turkey chili is one of our favorites! We topped this turkey and white bean chili with a simple sprinkle of dry Mexican oregano leaves and a dusting of chili powder, but any combination of your favorite chili toppings would be delicious here, such as avocado, sour cream, cheese, crushed tortilla chips, or cilantro!
How to make this creamy turkey and white bean chili:
To make this turkey chili, you only need a few ingredients and about one hour of time!
First, you’ll start by making a delicious spice mixture. Next, brown your turkey and season it with half of the spice mixture.
From there, you’ll simply cook the aromatics and deglaze the pot with stock and add the tomatoes and white beans. Add your cooked ground turkey along with the rest of the spice mixture, and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
Finally, add four ounces of cream cheese and let it melt into the chili for a delicious, creamy, rich chili dinner.
This creamy turkey and white bean chili is versatile, so feel free to get creative! You can add a variety of other ingredients. Try it with butternut squash or ground beef. You can replace the white beans with kidney beans or black beans instead. If you don’t have cream cheese, use heavy cream or omit it.
You can also try topping this amazing chili with avocado, lime wedges, cilantro, or crispy tortilla chips!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed.
Creamy Turkey and White Bean Chili
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers trimmed and diced
- 3 bell peppers trimmed, deseeded, and diced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock plus more if needed
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5- ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15- ounce navy beans drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Spice Mixture:
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the spice mixture and set aside.
Brown the Turkey:
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring to break up the meat, until well-browned all over, about 10 minutes. Season with half the spice mixture and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Brown the Aromatics:
- If the pot seems dry, add a bit more oil. Add the onion and cook, turning occasionally, for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the jalapeño and diced peppers and cook an additional 4-5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Add the Liquid:
- Pour in the stock and scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the tomatoes and white beans and bring to a boil.
Cook the Chili:
- Add the cooked turkey along with the remaining spice mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are completely softened. Taste and season again to your preferences.
Finish the Chili:
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted into the chili. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the chili between bowls and garnish with a bit of dry oregano leaves and a sprinkle of chili powder. Enjoy!