This fig and prosciutto salad with mozzarella is the perfect early Autumn salad. It’s loaded with fresh figs, warm pecans, and hints of fresh basil that help tie the last of summer and beginning of fall together.
Don’t you just love sweet, salty, rich, and bright salads? This salad recipe has the best of all the flavor worlds. Sweet figs, bright poppyseed vinaigrette, rich mozzarella and prosciutto and warm, toasted pecans all come together on top of peppery arugula. It’s a flavor-intense salad that your family will love.
I absolutely love a good fig salad and this salad is no exception. The combination of fresh figs, mozzarella, and prosciutto is truly heaven!
I promise, this fig and prosciutto salad will be a home run for a simple weeknight dinner or, it can be prepared as a small starter salad for any Autumn dinner parties you may have planned!
You’ll serve this fig and prosciutto salad with a bright poppyseed vinaigrette which ads just the right amount of zing to this fig and prosciutto salad. The warm, toasted pecans had a great nuttiness and warmth to the salad. It really is absolutely delicious!
I served this fig and prosciutto salad with mozzarella over fresh arugula but any green will do! Try this with baby spinach or kale or even mizuna!
Want to customize this salad even further? Try adding roasted cherry tomatoes or caramelized red onions. If you want a bit of additional protein, try shredded chicken or even a can of chickpeas would be delicious! This is a really versatile recipe that will give you plenty of opportunities to change the recipe up! That’s why it’s one of my absolute favorite salad recipes.
Looking for more salad recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Fig and Prosciutto Salad with Mozzarella
- Small skillet
FIG AND PROSCIUTTO SALAD
- 1 quart fresh figs
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 6 ounces whole shelled pecans
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 12 basil leaves
- ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil extra virgin, preferred
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Poppyseed Vinaigrette:
- To prepare the poppyseed vinaigrette, combine the red wine vinegar and sugar in a bowl and stir until dissolved. Stir in the ground mustard and poppy seeds. Slowly pour in the oil, whisking continuously until well-combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Store the poppyseed vinaigrette at room temperature as you prepare the rest of the fig and prosciutto salad
Prepare the Ingredients:
- Cut off the stems of the figs and then quarter the figs. Tear the prosciutto and mozzarella into bite-size pieces. Juice and zest the lemon.
Toast the Pecans:
- Add the pecans to a small skillet and toast over medium heat until warm and toasted, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Dress the Greens:
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and the lemon juice. Tear the basil leaves in half and toss them with the greens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the dressed greens between plates and arrange the quartered figs, prosciutto, and fresh mozzarella on top. Sprinkle the lemon zest and warm, toasted pecans on top of each salad. Serve with the poppyseed vinaigrette. Enjoy!