This spring salad is topped with warm, buttery sugar snap peas for a perfect spring lunch or light dinner.
Mixed with fresh herbs like mint and parsley and topped with creamy fresh mozzarella balls, this salad is full of our favorite flavors.
Spring Salad with Warm, Buttery Sugar Snap Peas
- 5 ounces baby spinach or tatsoi
- 4 red radishes scrubbed, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves torn in half
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves roughly chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella torn into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas ends trimmed and string removed, pods cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil plus a drizzle or two more, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Slowly pour in the ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, whisking as it’s added, until the dressing is smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the tatsoi or spinach with the radishes, mint, parsley and drizzle with a touch of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Toss to combine.
Prepare the Buttery Sugar Snap Peas:
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Once melted and frothy, and add the sugar snap peas and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp and bright green, about 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the salad between plates and pile the warm, buttery sugar snap peas on top. Arrange the torn mozzarella on top of each salad and serve with the dressing. Enjoy!