This shrimp and pepper stir-fry with noodles is a combo of everything with love! Shrimp and peppers, shrimp and noodles, and shrimp with lots of spice!
There’s nothing better than a delicious shrimp stir-fry and this recipe doesn’t go easy on the peppers! We used purple bell peppers, but any bell pepper will do in this shrimp and pepper stir-fry recipe.
Who doesn’t love a delicious noodle recipe? This shrimp and pepper stir-fry with noodles is filled to the brim with tender-crisp peppers, perfectly sauteed mushrooms, and juicy shrimp.
The sauce is spicy and loaded with flavor thanks to sriracha, oyster sauce, and hoisin. The best part? You’ll have dinner on the table in just about 30 minutes!
If you don’t have bean thread noodles, try this recipe with rice noodles, udon, soba, or even a thin spaghetti will work in a pinch! Alternatively, serve this stir-fry with some white rice. Bonus points if you crisp up the rice in a hot skillet with butter!
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Check my archives!
If you made this recipe, please rate the recipe below and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it! If you take a picture of it, please tag me on Instagram so I can feature you in my feed!
Shrimp and Pepper Stir-Fry with Noodles
- Wide skillet or work
- 10 ounces bean thread noodles
- 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil divided
- 1 yellow onion peeled and sliced into rounds
- 8 ounces mushrooms cremini or shiitake caps, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 bell peppers trimmed, deseeded, and thinly sliced
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers depending on spice tolerance, deseeded and cut into rounds
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili oil optional
- Sesame seeds
- Cilantro leaves optional
Prepare the Sauce:
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Prepare the Noodles:
- Cover the noodles in a bowl with water for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse and set aside.
Prepare the Shrimp:
- Pat the shrimp dry and season all over with salt and pepper.
Cook the Vegetables:
- In a wide skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil over medium heat until very hot. Add the sliced onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until it begins to soften slightly.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes until the mushrooms begin to turn deep golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and the jalapeño rounds and cook, stirring often, for 10-12 minutes or until the peppers begin to soften and blister.
- Using tongs, transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
Cook the Shrimp:
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook without moving for 1 minute.
- Pour in the sauce and scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 4 minutes until reduced and thickened and the shrimp are cooked through, but not overcooked.
Finish the Stir-Fry:
- Add the cooked vegetables to the skillet and toss to combine. Finally, add the drained bean thread noodles to the skillet and toss to combine until the noodles soak up the sauce, about 1 minute more. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the shrimp and pepper stir-fry between shallow bowls and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!